Followers

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Pear Tree Designs Challenge # 4 - 'Father's Day'


Good morning, here is my DT card (slightly late) for Pear Tree Designs . The Theme being 'Father's Day'. Even though my dear old Dad is no longer with me, I always make a card each year for him, this image is just right, as he was an avid fisherman!

We have been given this image by our regular monthly sponsor 'One Stop Card Crafts', who are offering a great prize of 'Men's Cardmaking Kit' worth £10.00, so make up you card and pop on over to the main blog and leave us your link, so that we can come visit you!


Here is what I used to make my card, I used a Momento 'Rich Cocoa' Inkpad to ink the chipboard letters, they dried such a great colour!

My Card Recipe:

Brown & Khaki Green Bazzill Cardstock
Basic Grey Papers
Labels 9 Nestibility Die
Chipboard Letters
Craftwork Cards Sentiment
SU Scallop & Oval Punches
Buttons & Thread from stash
Coloured in with Promarkers

Had better go tackle the large ironing pile, have a lovely afternoon!

hugs

Heidi

xXx

9 comments:

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fabulous man's card Heidi and great for Father's Day :-) My dad died when I was 4 so I have never had the pleasure of making one.
Anne xx

Lisa Jane said...

great fathers day card Heidi.. that image looks so peaceful.
Lisa )

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Heidi its a stunner. I love the DAD you made. Just having a laugh about the inky fingers!!! Hope u r feeling happier tonight LoveMe xox

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Heidi, perfect for Dad!
Clairexx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card Heidi, love the image and the BG papers look fab. Love the lettering and the buttons too.
Lyndsey xx

Anonymous said...

An amazing card Heidi.Great layout and just adore the buttons threaded with hairy string - some of my favourite things.
Lisa x

Emma said...

Fabulous card Heidi, love the image and details. I made one for my dad too, it will go on the mantle as it always has.
Hugs Emma x

The twins mum said...

Hi Hun.
Great card chook love the image and the colours.
Having a skype chat with David I will say Hi for ya.....lol
Love to all
Maree
xxxxx

Angie - Bumble Bee's Craft Den said...

Lovely card. Really like the way you have done your buttons.