Followers

Friday 12 November 2010

Totally Papercrafts Challenge # 42 - 'Black & Purple'




Good morning, thank Crunchie it's Friday! It's been a very long week for me, so am so glad the weekend has come around again. Friday means challenge time again over at Totally Papercrafts Challenge . This week, the DT have made projects using the colours 'Black & Purple', they are stunning, do whizz over and take a look via the link above.

The lovely Mandi Moore is sponsoring the challenge this week and the prize is a gorgeous set of Stamping Up stamps, (one of the sets on my wishlist).




In addition to this Mandi, has very generously thrown in an extra special offer. For anyone who places a SU order with her during the course of this challenge week they will be entered into a draw to win a co-ordinating bauble punch worth £15.50If anyone would like to order any SU goodies you can visit her blog.

To my DT creation, I have altered a purple candle. I brought it at ASDA and OMG it's smell of berries, is just gorgeous! I have wrapped around it, a Black Bazzill Smootie band, with punched edges from my new EK 'wave' punch and some black silk ribbon. Have cut out two Nestibility shapes and attached together with a purple stoned brad. Stamped up my new lush LOTV stamp and sentiment circle stamp and edged them with my Momento 'Grape Jelly'. The image is coloured in with Promarkers and have added some small MS snowflakes and clear stones. My friend Sharon loves candles, so I will probably give it to her. We often go candle smelling at a local shop here, yep people watching do think we are barmy, but Yankee candles are so scrummy, lol!

Georgia is off of school today, she has a temperature and a tummy ache, so we have been snuggled up with the cats watching movies, 'Christmas with the Kranks', this morning and now 'Narnia'. I really must get on with my Christmas cards, have so many left to do. I started off the year really well, having made about thirty, but as I have been working alot, I just haven't had the time, I would so love to be organised!

Anyway, have to go get Georgia some lunch, have a lovely weekend and keep warm!

Heidi

xxx

20 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh wow - this is gorgeous .. i love that purple candle and the decoration is just fabulous - what a great idea
Lisa ;)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is just gorgeous hun, I bet it smells yummy!! hugs shell xx

Carol said...

Oooo Heidi, this is really fab!! I can smell the berries hehe. This gift is gonna make somebody really happy. Great job Hun. Have a great weekend. Lotsa luv xxxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag heidi ,,, this is such a gorgeous gift !! the candle is a lovely colour and looks fab in the black net :-)

luv
Lols x x x

hope Georgia feels better soon ,,,,in the meantime ejoy snuggling and watching movies :-)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

The candle looks wonderful Heidi, great colour combo :-)
Hope you're having a good day
Anne xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
this is totally gorgeous, a lovely git for someone, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love it Heidi, Its super stunning. Hope u have a better weekend. Love Me xxx

Anne said...

love this Heidi, wish I could smell it for mysefl.
Hope the wee one is feeling better too
Anne x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning creation!

Lou said...

Hi! Heidi this is just lovely,that image is so sweet and such a special gift.
I have to admit i am a candle smelling fan too and Yankee seem to be the best.
Hope your Daughter feels better soon and wow you have made so many xmas cards.
Have a lovely weekend,hugs Lou.xx

Tammy said...

This is fantastic - so wish I had thought of this. LOL Isn't it funny how there is so many things we create, yet we have brain freezes....and never know what to do next? Or am I the only one that does this? Hugs Tammy x

Joey said...

Hi Sweetie

gorgeous candle so beautifully altered, i love the image ou used.

wishing your little one well.

Joey.xx

Fleur said...

Hi Heidi, your candle is beautiful. The colour combo is stunning. I adore Yankee candles and have a huge stash of the wax tarts in a box. I'm a bit of a sniffer too and ooh and ahhh nearly as much as when I'm craft shopping LOL
Hope Georgia feels much better very soon.
Hugz Fleur xXx

The twins mum said...

Howdy stranger, your candle is yummy. I love purple (me fav. colour). You have done a fantastic job.
Hope Georgia is feeling better real soon. We have not been to good this end either hence the reason for no blogging etc...Partly to blame is the kids dropping the modem so I had no internet for a while ggggrrrr little buggers.
Take care
maree
x
OOPS nearly forgot, I haven't recieve your parcel yet but i will contact the Post Office tomorrow to see if its down there

Anonymous said...

aahhh this looks lovely , well done , also I got this stamp just playing now with colouring it in its great
carol xx
ps keep in touch

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Helen said...

Great idea with the candle - it looks great!

Helen x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a fabulous candle, Heidi. LOVE that black mesh.
Hope Georgia is feeling better now. Next time I am feeling snuffly I am coming round to yours, to snuggle up on the sofa and watch movies! :-)
Caroline xxx

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel said...

Thanks for joining as a follower for my new Christmas challenge blog and for linking for the candy draw. Please put my new blog button and/or a post about it and the candy on your blog - thanks x